Hi! My name is Maggie and I am named after my great-great grandma, Maggie Ryan. It doesn’t get more Irish than that! That may be why I love St. Patrick’s day SO much. I am also an Irish dancer which makes this holiday extra exciting for me! This St. Patrick’s day I wanted to do something fun and all by myself, so I did. I made these lovely rainbow cupcakes and hoped to share them with you so that you can make St. Patrick’s day lots of fun too.
Here is what you will need to make these awesome cupcakes.
- 1 box of yellow or white cake mix
- 1 can of vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring
- 2 boxes of Sour Airhead rainbow candy strips
- Mini marshmallows
- Bake cupcakes according to the package directions. Let fully cool.
- Mix the blue food coloring into the can of frosting and stir completely. Frost the cupcake.
- Bend the candy strip into an arch and push into the frosted cupcake, forming a rainbow. [You may want to cut about an inch and a half off the strip for a slightly smaller rainbow.]
- Put about four marshmallows on each side of the candy strip to create cute clouds that support the rainbow.
- Do the same thing on each of the other cupcakes.
- Enjoy your lucky rainbow cupcakes! I hope they are as delicious as they are cute!